Last update: 12-09-2021
Your privacy is important to Hemelz
What is Personal Data
‘Personal data’ is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
When you interact with our website, the shop, customer support via email, telephone, online or in person, we collect personal data, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address and contact preferences; and information about the products you purchased, such as eBooks and books. We also may create event logs that are useful in diagnosing product or performance-related issues, and capture information relating to the support or service issue.
We use this information to provide you with customer and product support and to monitor the quality and types of customer and product support we provide to our customers.
Other service providers
Hemelz Publishers uses cloud services from third parties such as YMLP, AuthSMTP and PayPro to assist in necessary services like sending emails. and handling of payments. Those services track the activities associated with these emails, such as whether they were opened, whether links in the emails were clicked on, and whether purchases were made following clicks on those links. may use this data to analyse the level of engagement with its emails. Hemelz uses third-party service providers to help us better understand usage of the website and related purposes.
Hemelz may use services from a third party to assist in providing customer support. Those services facilitate communication via the website through the “Contact Us” form or by telephone.
We may disclose personal data about you to others: (a) if we have your valid consent to do so; (b) to comply with a valid subpoena, legal order, court order, legal process, or other legal obligation; (c) to enforce any of our terms and conditions or policies; or (d) as necessary to pursue available legal remedies or defend legal claims.
Cookies and Similar Technologies on our websites
If you do not want information collected through the use of these technologies, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows you to automatically decline many of these technologies, or to be given the choice of declining or accepting them.
Here are examples of third-party providers of analytics and similar services we currently use:
- Google Analytics is used to track site statistics and user demographics, interests and behaviour on websites. We also use Google Search Console to help understand how our website visitors find our website and to improve our search engine optimization. Find out more informationabout how this analytics information may be used, how to control the use of your information, and how to opt out of having your data used by Google Analytics.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain personal data submitted via the “Contact Us” form for a period of two (2) years. We will retain personal data collected by customer support and analytics tools indefinitely. In addition, see below under “Your Rights” for a description of your right of erasure.
If you reside in the European Union, you have the right under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to request from Hemelz access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, data portability, restriction of processing of your personal data, the right to object to processing of your personal data, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you reside outside of the European Union, you may have similar rights under your local laws.
To request access to or rectification, portability or erasure of your personal data, or to delete your account at Hemelz or any Hemelz service like costablanca.network, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Please attach in your email:
- account name at Hemelz or any service or webste by Hemelz.
- the request itself.
- a readable scan of a valid ID like a drivers license, passport (we are obliged to verify your identity).
If you live in the European Union and you wish to exercise your right to restriction of processing or your right to object to processing, contact Hemelz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not live in the European Union but you believe you have a right to restriction of processing or a right to object to processing under your local laws, please contact Hemelz at email@example.com.
Practical information about your Privacy
We may collect the following information
- Name and contact information including your email address
- Your geographical location – e.g. country, city, zipcode, IP address
- Your preferences and areas of interest – e.g. as indicated in our newsletter sign-ups
- Information about your purchases or downloads
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Why we collect this information
- We are able to give the information to our payment provider so we can show the correct sales-price of the product
- We have to know to know what sales-tax (vat/btw/iva) applies and have to charge you and what amounts of sales-tax we have to pay in your country of residence. This is obligated by international tax law, including the EU MOSS tax law.
- Many countries need different information on invoices and our information provides as with the possibility to do so.
- We will use your contact details to contact you about new books, authors, events and other developments (unless you choose to opt out of promotional emails)
- We will keep records of your transactions in case of any questions, replacements or refunds
- We may use it to customise the website to highlight books, authors or events we think you might be interested in
- We may store your billing and shipping addresses so that you can reuse them
Unless we have your express consent, we will only disclose your personal data to third parties if this is required for the purpose of completing your transaction with us. Your bank or card details will be securely collected and processed by our payment provider. In the case of buying print books from us, will securely pass on your name, shipping address and order to our distributor for order fulfilment. In the case of buying ebooks, we securely pass on your name and email address to BooXtream, for the correct social DRM and distribution of the eBook you purchased.